Turkish Baked Rice Pudding Recipe
A super yummy milk-based pudding recipe with rice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: Turkish
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- 2 and ½ cups water
- 4 and ½ cups milk, divided
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Wash the rice just once. Don’t try to make it super clean so that it keeps its starch.
- Place it in a large pan. Pour water over it and bring it to a boil. Let the rice simmer over low heat until the rice is soft.
- Add in 4 cups milk and sugar. Bring it to a boil and simmer over low heat about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining milk and cornstarch in a small bowl. Pour this into the simmering rice mixture and stir well at the same time. Continue stirring until it thickens, for about 15 minutes. Cook for extra 2 minutes after it thickens and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Fill the ½ of an oven tray and place ovenproof cups like ramekins into it. Pour the pudding into them and bake uncovered until they have golden top as you see in the pictures here.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool down completely. Either serve them at room temperature or chill at least for 4 hours before serving.
- Optionally, you can garnish the puddings with freshly grated lemon zest and/or ground pistachio.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 27g
- Sodium: 19.1mg
- Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 32.7g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.8mg
Keywords: rice, pudding, Turkish