We have been visiting the fish market often these days since the fish season started. We have eaten fresh anchovies several times, but we aren’t fed up with it yet. However, when we went to the fish market this weekend to buy some anchovies again, we saw that tunny fish on the stand. They looked so fresh that we couldn’t resist to buy tunny fish this time. Tunny fish, which is called palamut in Turkish, cannot be found fresh as often as anchovies, so we made our choice for them.
What I love most about tunny fish is that it’s very easy to clean them, it takes much shorter than cleaning anchovies. Also, I love that they have bigger bones, so it’s easy to eat them. And I think when raw their meat looks very much like cabbage layers, which I find so cute.
So here is an easy, yummy, and healthy tunny fish recipe.
What to serve with this heavenly fish? Absolutely a fresh salad with onion. As onion is the best companion for any fish, you can also serve extra onion with it.
Easy oven roasted tunny fish
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 tunny fish, divided into about 10 pieces or less depending on its size (fish mongers do it cut it for you here).
- 1 onion
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Half lemon
- Bay leaf
- Preheat oven at 190C. Clean and wash fish slices. Salt both sides.
- Mix extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Brush the fish with this mixture.
- Cut onion in rings. And place onion rings on fish slices.
- Lay bay leaf on their top.
- Cook it in oven for about 30 minutes until it’s partly golden.