Strawberry Chocolate Cookies
Double chocolate cookie loaded with strawberries and chocolate chips. A true love story.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 59 minutes
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 and ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 and ½ stick unsalted butter (170g), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Additional chocolate chips for topping
- Place chopped strawberries on a piece of paper towel, cover them with another piece and pat them dry. Let them sit there while you are making the dough.
- Preheat oven to 370F (190C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix between each egg.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix with a spatula just until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pat dried chopped srawberries. Don’t overmix, otherwise your dough becomes soggy. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place cookies on the prepared baking sheets. You can place extra strawberry pieces on each if you like.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Meanwhile place extra chocolate chips on each cookie while they are still hot.
- Transfer them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cover them using a plastic wrap with a small opening and keep in the refrigerator after the first day.
Keywords: strawberry cookies, chocolate strawberry cookies, strawberry chocolate chip cookies