Strawberry Chocolate Cookies loaded with fresh strawberries and chocolate chips are game changers. They are wonderfully chewy and stay soft.
I’ve always had a love affair with strawberries. I'm the happiest person on this planet when the strawberry season arrives every year. I go back to my childhood when I used to eat LOTS of strawberries right from my parents’ backyard. They are still the most scentful strawberries I’ve ever eaten. That’s why these strawberry chocolate cookies have the same big effect on me. I remember my childhood memories in each bite.
Strawberries are yummy. Chocolate is a weakness for everyone. Chewy chocolate chip cookies are addictive. I mean it’s no surprise that these cookies are sinfully good as they are loaded with strawberries and chocolate. This recipe is all in one and you can't stop eating these once you start. They taste even better when you spread some mascarpone cheese while eating. Just sayin’
It’s not the first time I’m combining strawberry and chocolate. As I think they make the best and most passionate couple ever, I’ve made recipes using these two before. Check out our Easy Chocolate Strawberry Tartlets or Chocolate Cake With Strawberries. These are loved so much by my family and friends, so I’m 100% sure that these cookies will become their favorite cookies, just like our Citrus and Chocolate Cookies.
Although it’s a well-known fact that chocolate and strawberries match wonderfully, I couldn’t find a chocolate cookie recipe with strawberries on the web. To my surprise, nobody has tried to make such a recipe. Could that be because fresh strawberries easily get juicy when baked? They might cause the cookies to become soggy. Read the note below to learn how to avoid soggy cookies when you use fresh strawberries in a cookie dough.
The recipes I’ve seen either call for strawberry cake mix or use strawberries but not in a chocolate cookie form. I wasn’t after these. I wanted to make regular chocolate cookies packed with chocolate chips and fresh strawberries. Sort of triple joy.
So I decided to test this cookie recipe myself and the result was AMAZING! Give it a try and thank me later.
- To avoid sogginess in your cookies, you need to pat dry the strawberries with a paper towel after they are chopped. This is a vital step in this recipe. Otherwise you might end up with a result you never desire.
- Store these cookies in the refrigerator after the first day because they might go off due to the fresh strawberries inside.
- Don’t store these cookies in an air tight container, cover them using a plastic wrap with a small opening so that they don’t get too soft.
Other Strawberry Recipes
- How To Make Strawberry Jam Easy
- Strawberry Parfait Recipe
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
- Vanilla Pudding Pie With Strawberries
Other Chocolate Chip Cookies
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!
Strawberry Chocolate Cookies
Double chocolate cookie loaded with strawberries and chocolate chips. A true love story.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 59 minutes
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 and ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 and ½ stick unsalted butter (170g), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Additional chocolate chips for topping
- Place chopped strawberries on a piece of paper towel, cover them with another piece and pat them dry. Let them sit there while you are making the dough.
- Preheat oven to 370F (190C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix between each egg.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix with a spatula just until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pat dried chopped srawberries. Don’t overmix, otherwise your dough becomes soggy. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place cookies on the prepared baking sheets. You can place extra strawberry pieces on each if you like.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Meanwhile place extra chocolate chips on each cookie while they are still hot.
- Transfer them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cover them using a plastic wrap with a small opening and keep in the refrigerator after the first day.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 8.6 g
- Sodium: 54.7 mg
- Fat: 5.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.4 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 20.5 mg
Keywords: strawberry cookies, chocolate strawberry cookies, strawberry chocolate chip cookies