I know Spring is about to end and Summer is approaching, which means soup may not be a dish many people look forward to have to warm their stomach. I know many people prefer fresher dishes, but I have to share this unique soup with you. If you are following this blog for a while, you know the post about health benefits of stinging nettle. I bought a bunch from local bazaar and got this recipe from mom II. I was amazed with the result as I must admit I didn’t expect it to be that yummy. If you are aware of health benefits of this herb and looking for new ideas to use it in your dishes, try this soup.
Stinging Nettle Soup
- Yield: 4 1x
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- ½ tbsp flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp bulgur
- 2 tbsp boiled chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ bunch of stinging nettle
- salt to taste
- Boil stinging nettle, strain and mash it.
- You will have 2 tbsp stinging nettle when mashed.
- Mix yogurt and flour, pour water and olive oil and mix.
- Pour it into a pot.
- Add bulgur and boil, stirring continually.
- Add salt, mashed stinging nettle and boiled chickpeas into this as a final step and it’s done!
- Serve hot.