Spicy Sprouted Lentils
A super healthy vegan side dish with sprouted lentils, corn and spices.
- Prep Time: 3 days
- Total Time: 3 days
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Combining
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup green lentils
- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup cooked corn
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped thyme or another herb you like
To Sprout Lentils:
- Soak lentils in a large bowl overnight or for 8-10 hours.
- Drain and rinse the lentils. Put them back in the bowl and cover with a kitchen towel. Let it sit for 8 hours.
- Shake the bowl or give a gentle stir so that each of the lentils get enough air circulation. Let it sit for another 8 hours.
- Repeat this for 2-3 days. You will see sprouts growing on the second day and they get longer on the third day.
- Keep them refrigerated and use as you need.
To Assemble Everything:
- Combine sprouted lentils and corn in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, cumin, chili, curry powder and thyme.
- Pour it over the sprouted lentils and corn and toss.
- Serve it as a salad or use it in sandwiches or soups.
Keywords: sprouted lentils, sprouted green lentils