Spicy Fish Tacos with Corn Salsa are the first tacos we’ve made and eaten. Our feelings? Just amazed! Love the simplicity. Tacos are very easy and fun to make and you can create the world’s tastiest meal just in about 15 minutes. Our tacos are topped with avocado slices, cilantro and garlicky yogurt and cucumber dip so you’ll feel an explosion of flavors in your first bite. These are definitely crowd pleaser. We’re in for sure if something is easy, simple and can satisfy a crowd.
You are not into fish but looking for something with chicken? Try this recipe with your leftover chicken or go check out Fried Chicken Tacos Recipe out!
The idea of making spicy fish tacos with corn salsa came out when we had some leftover grilled fish. Tacos are great to use up leftover fish or chicken. I used a load of freshly made Mexican corn salsa, which you can use as a dip as well. The amount of fish in these tacos was not as much as I wanted but it was all we had then and I didn’t want to grill another fish for this quick meal. But you can just grill fish and use more in this recipe.
You can find tortillas everywhere and these are the best choice if you need to prepare a quick meal. If you have time though, nothing could be better than making your own tortillas at home. If you don’t have to hurry, check out our completely vegan Homemade Flour Tortilla Recipe and feel proud of you when serving these spicy fish tacos with corn salsa to your guests.
Corn salsa in these spicy fish tacos is spiced up with Mexican chili powder, black pepper and cumin. And lime juice in it gives a wonderful refreshing flavor, which balances all flavors in tacos. And I can’t think of tacos without these.
Another thing that makes these spicy fish tacos with corn salsa recipe unique is the garlicky tzatziki aka cacik sauce. I must warn you that it is such an appetizing sauce that it will make you ask for the second or even third.
These were our first tacos, but won’t be the last. I love that there are zillions of combinations in tacos. Will try different variations soon.Print
Spicy Fish Tacos with Corn Salsa
Spicy Fish Tacos are easy, simple and light summer meal that the whole family loves.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups boiled corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup shredded grilled fish or whatever meat leftover you have
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mexican chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- A pinch of cumin
- 1 lime
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cucumber
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- Salt to taste
- In a medium bowl combine corn, onion and cucumber. Chop half of the avocado and add into the bowl. Fold in shredded grilled fish and 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro. Spice with chili, black pepper, cumin and salt. Squeeze half of the lime and put aside.
- Slice the other half of the avocado and put aside.
- For the tzatziki sauce, combine everything in a small bowl, mix well.
- Put a generous amount of fish and corn salsa mixture on each tortilla. Top each with avocado slices and extra cilantro. Squeeze lime on each. And finally top with tzatziki sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: spicy fish tacos