Spiced Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- 2 sticks butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Chocolate ganache filling:
- 120ml heavy cream
- 120g chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven at 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine together the flour, salt, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice. Add this mixture in the butter and sugar mixture. Mix it until everything is incorporated.
- Make 1-inch balls from the dough and place on the baking sheet. They will slightly rise, so don’t put them very close.
- Make indentation on the top of each ball using your thumb or the bottom of a round teaspoon.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and quickly press the indentations again to have enough room for the chocolate ganache. Let them cool on a wire rack.
- Combine chocolate chips and pumpkin pie spice in a heatproof bowl.
- Put heavy cream in a sauce pan and heat over medium-low heat. See it in the video above.
- Pour it over chocolate chips and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until smooth.
- Chill the ganache for 20 minutes.
- Fill your thumbprint cookies with chocolate ganache and top with sprinkles.