Making pie might be challenging for many of those who are interested in baking. It is not as hard as it sounds indeed and I think everyone can bake yummy pies just after a few tries. If you haven’t dared baking pie yet, I think you should start with open top pies aka tarts since it’s easier to handle the dough. Tarts are time saver too. If you haven’t dared to bake a pie yet or if you don’t have a lot of time, give this easy Rustic Raspberry Tart a try! I’m sure you will be amazed when you see the ease of making it.
It is all about the tart dough. If you succeed making it once, you can’t wait to try numerous fillings with it. The most important tip about tart dough is keeping it cold, so you should use cold butter and cold water. Another thing is that combining dough ingredients with your hand is not suggested, it’s better if you use a food processor.
Also, you shouldn’t play with the dough much when shaping it so that the temprature of your hands won’t warm the dough.
If you achieve to keep your tart dough cold enough, you can’t go wrong with this rustic raspberry tart! It is so simple to make. What you need to do is just rolling out the dough, putting into a tart pan, spreading the filling and folding in the edges. You don’t even need a tart pan, you can even make it on a parchment paper. That’s another simplicity about tarts!
The edges are crisp and the filling is moist. You don’t need fork and knife to enjoy this wonderfully red raspberry tart. Simply slice it like a pizza and eat straight from your hand!
I used frozen raspberries as I’ve never seen fresh ones in my area. You can replace it with your favorite berry.
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
Rustic Raspberry Tart
A super raspberry treat with crispy edges and moist in the center.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 and ½ cups all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 125g cold butter, cubed
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 450g raspberries
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar for dusting
- Put flour, suggar, butter and salt into a food processor and mix on low speed until crumbly.
- Add egg yolk and cold water. Keep mixing until you get a dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap nad chill at least an hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling.Combine raspberries, cornstarch, sugar and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Roll out the dough and place it either in a buttered tart pan or in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the filling evenly leaving a little space around the edges.
- Fold the edges in roughly. Seal them well.
- Bak efor 40 minutes until golden.