Roasted Carrot Salad is one of the best ways to include carrots into your diet. And they bring a great sweetness on your dinner table with their lovely colors. I mostly grate them raw into salads, but this time I wanted to make something different and roasted them with a sweet and tangy sauce. I ended up with one of the yummiest carrot recipe ever.
I was like in love with the vibrant color of two types of carrot at the market and just didn’t think twice to buy some from both colors. I didn’t have a single idea what to make with them. I looked for an easy recipe and came accros Roasted Baby Carrots at Simply Recipes. So I was inspired by that recipe when creating this sweet, tangy and tender salad.
The method of making Roasted Carrot Salad is very simple and easy. The first thing you need to do is to roast the carrots at 400F with a little olive oil for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile you can prepare the sauce with olive oil, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, salt, rosemary and garlic. I added a little brown sugar to help the sauce and the carrots get caramelized. Remove the partly tender carrots from oven, transfer into a casserole pan and pour the sauce over them. Just shake the pan a little to coat them with the sauce evenly. Continue roasting until the sauce gets a little thicker, about 10-15 minutes.
You will be mesmerized with the smell coming from the oven. Rosemary and garlic are such ingredients that can make me eat anything. I love the aroma coming out of this combination. I didn’t even bother to peel garlic cloves because they easily leave their peel when roasted. I garnished the salad with some pomegranate seeds to balance the sweetness of the carrots.
You can serve this Roasted Carrot Salad as it is or just chop the carrots roughly and combine with the sauce well.
See our other casserole recipe videos here:
Roasted Carrot Salad
Roasted carrots with a sweet, tangy sauce, rosemary and garlic.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 ½ pounds carrots, washed well and dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for roasting carrots
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 and ½ teaspoons salt
- 7 cloves garlic
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and place the carrots on it. Drizzle olive oil over it. Roast for 30 minutes until partly tender.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce by mixing lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pomegranate molasses and brown sugar.
- Remove carrots from oven, transfer into a casserole pan and pour over the sauce. Shake the pan so that all carrots are coated with the sauce. Toss in the garlic and rosemary. And roast for another 15-20 minutes.
- You can either servet hem as they are or chop them roughly and combine with the sauce remaining in the pan.
- Toss in some pomegranate seeds and serve.