Red Velvet Christmas Cookies look so festive, don’t they? They taste as good as they look. These Christmas cookies are like bite-size cheesecakes. Being perfectly soft, chewy and decadent besides their beautiful look, these will become the best and ultimate Christmas cookies for you! You will be the one who receives all the compliments in the party with these beauties.
If you want to surprise your family and friends this year, you need a recipe for creative Christmas cookies. And these Red Velvet Christmas Cookies are obviously here for this purpose. I’m sure you will love the simplicity behind their beauty. You just need some basic ingredients besides a red food coloring to have that velvety red color. And there is no chilling time for the cookie dough.
Simple red Christmas cookies are dipped into a cream cheese frosting to have that white coating on one half. Then the sprinkles. Oh my, I love srpinkles! You can use any color or shape you’d like on these cookies. I used green to make these beautiful Christmas cookies. These are perfect for this time of year! It’s great that you can easily adapt these cookies to any occasion by playing with the color of sprinkles. For example, use red or pink sprinkles for Valentine’s Day.
Make sure the cookies cool down completely before dipping them into the cream cheese frosting. The frosting is quite simple. Cream cheese and powdered sugar are whisked together and chilled while you’re making the cookies.
After the cookies are dipped into the frosting, place them on a baking sheet and chill the cookies for 15-20 minutes to help the frosting set on the cookies.
I call these red velvet Christmas cookies but a friend who gobbled a few in seconds told me Christmas cheesecake cookies would be a better name. What do you think? Make these and tell me! I’d love to hear your opinions in the comment section.
More Red Velvet Cookie Recipes
- Red Velvet Crinkles Recipe
- Red Velvet Cookies With Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Dipped Red Velvet Cookies
- Red Velvet Cookies Stuffed With Nutella
Red Velvet Christmas Cookies
Red Velvet Christmas Cookies dipped into a cream cheese frosting. These are like bite-size cheesecakes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 40 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 and ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and ½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Start with the frosting. Whisk together the cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar well and chill it when you’re making the cookies.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until creamy. Add in egg, red food coloring and vanilla. Mix until combined well. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place them on the baking sheet, leaving about 2-inch room between each. Using your two fingers, gently press on each cookie.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and using a ½ measuring cup, gently press on each for the second time. Complete this step quickly and transfer the cookies on a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
- Dip the half of each cookie in the cream cheese frosting and place them on a baking paper lined plate or tray. Decorate with sprinkles and chill for 15-20 minutes to let the frosting set.
Keywords: christmas cookies, red velvet cookies