Pumpkin Pancakes with Pumpkin Caramel
Pancakes loaded with fall flavors. Both the pancake batter and the caramel sauce contain pumpkin puree.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
For the pancakes:
- 1 and ¾ cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter for brushing the pan for each batch of pumpkin
For the pumpkin caramel sauce:
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For The Pancakes:
- Whisk the dry ingredients except sugar.
- Whisk sugar, pumpkin puree, milk, yogurt, eggs and melted butter well.
- Pour the mixture of dry ingredients into wet ingredients and combine them well. Don’t over-mix it. Mix it just until everything is combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Brush it with oil or melted butter or use a cooking spray.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into the hot pan and wait until you see bubbles on it, about 2 minutes.
- Flip it over once you see tiny holes on the pancakes. Let it cook for another minute.
- Finally, transfer the pancake on a plate and repeat the same steps for the remaining batter.
- Make the pancakes in batches. How many pancakes you can make at a time depends on the size of the pan.
For The Caramel Sauce:
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in sugar, milk and pumpkin puree. Stir until it boils. Let it boil for 2-3 minutes. Then, bring it to medium low heat and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove it from heat, add in salt and let it cool before using.
- You can store the leftovers in a jar in the refrigerator. And reheat when you want to use it.
Keywords: pumpkin pancakes, yogurt pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin caramel sauce