Pumpkin puree, flour, oats and fall spices come together and make these soft and chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins. They make perfect breakfast for busy mornings and on-the-go snack during day.
Baking has been a passion for me since the temperature went down and we started to see brown and yellow leaves on the ground. I’m the happiest person when the house is filled with the lovely scents of this season. Close your eyes now and imagine that your pumpkin oatmeal muffins are baking in the oven. Please try it, thinking about the combination of pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg. I’m sure even the idea of this will make you feel the smell spreading in the house. Wouldn’t it be so lovely?
Personally, I love muffins when they are still warm. Oh and to be honest, I have a weakness for having warm muffins with butter. On the other hand, they still taste so good when cooled and make a great quick breakfast for the next 3-4 days. You can even double the recipe and freeze half of them for later. Things get even easier in the early morning! Just grab a muffin, thaw it and enjoy with your tea or coffee. Optionally, you can toast it before eating. If you have never tried freezing and thawing muffins, you can learn How To Freeze Muffins on Momables.
Have you seen our Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread recipe I’ve shared a couple of years ago? These are like its muffin version with an addition of oats, as soft and moist yet with a chewy texture. Plus, these are more filling.
I use equal amounts of flour and oats in these pumpkin oatmeal muffins and they get wonderfully fluffy and chewy. The spices and pumpkin puree give them a magical touch. I LOVE their heart-warming taste with a subtle pumpkin flavor and their bright yellow color! What’s more, chocolate chips inside these make them more surprising and flavorful.
Having these in the afternoon on a chilly day alongside hot tea or milk is equally pleasing, especially with your lovely kid when he is back from school.
Other Pumpkin Breakfast Muffins You Might Like
Other Recipes With Oatmeal and Pumpkin
Other Easy Pumpkin Breakfast Recipes
Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
Soft and chewy muffins with pumpkin, oats and fall spices. Perfect for busy mornings.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25 min.
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 15 muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 and ½ cups flour
- 1 and ½ cups oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons oats for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place paper liners into a muffin tin. Put aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until smooth. Add in olive oil and pumpkin puree. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the ¾ of prepared liners with the batter. Top each with extra oats. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer the muffins on a wire rack and let them cool completely.
- You can keep these muffins in an airtight container up to 2 days at room temperature and 3-4 more days in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 15.3g
- Sodium: 195.4mg
- Fat: 7.3g
- Carbohydrates: 36.6g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 25.9mg