Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are my new favorite cookies. I can hear some of you asking “Could that be because of your pumpkin obsession?” Well, I must admit you know me well! I always have homemade pumpkin puree in the fridge when it’s fall in case I have a craving for something flavored with pumpkin.
Did I tell you that fall is my season? I’m so much in love with this time of year and you will always see me happy. No it doesn’t make me feel melancholic unlike most of my friends. I feel renewed and cheerful when I see the different tones of yellow, brown and red around me, with the smell of roasted pumpkin in my mind.
If you think fall is the season of heartwarming soups, then you should check out my Pumpkin Lentil Soup. It is on top of my family’s favorites when we are in this season and if we have pumpkin puree in hand. But I’m in baking mood these days, so although I made Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins yesterday, I just couldn’t resist baking these Uh-Mazing pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. The recipe is inspired by my friends’ all time favorite cookie recipe, Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. These are chewy thanks to oatmeal and soft at the same time thanks to pumpkin puree inside. And they are loaded with chocolate chips. Who don’t love them in cookies?
You will be surprised but these pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are vegan. Vegan cookies can definitely taste scrumptious. Try and see it yourself. I bet you can’t stop yourself eating one or two even before they are baked. I love them when they rest overnight, they become even chewier then.
Haven’t you started baking yet? Run into the kitchen and start it with these vegan pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!
Enjoy fall and pumpkin!
Moist and chewy vegan pumpkin cookies packed with chocolate chips an oats.
5 minPrep Time
13 minCook Time
18 minTotal Time
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup grape molasses
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dairy free for vegan)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips for topping after cookies are baked.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until combined.
- In another bowl, mix together molasses, pumpkin puree and oil.
- Add the pumpkin puree mixture into dry ingredients and stir until combined. Don’t overmix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, drop cookie dough on the baking paper and bake for 13 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Remove from oven and transfer on a wirerack to let them cool completely.
- Insert a few extra chocolate chips on each when they are still warm.