Pizza Pasta Bake is one of the all-time dinner winners just like any family casserole recipes. It is packed with amazing pizza toppings that we all love. You feel like you’re having pizza in each bite. I guarantee everyone will gobble it up in no time. Your family will admire your baking skills after they taste it, but believe me the recipe doesn’t require for any skills at all.
If you love pizza and want to make it at home, yet don’t have time for the dough and if you also in the mood for a hearty casserole recipe you need to try this Pizza Pasta Bake, which is much easier. I used ground beef, Turkish sausages and shredded mozzarella in this pasta. One thing I love about this recipe is you don’t mess the kitchen, just chop things except sausages and cheese and cook in the same pot. If it’s ok to put your pot in oven, do so! And it becomes a one-pot pizza pasta bake!
My pot was not of that kind, so I used a baking pan for my pizza pasta bake and bake it until the sausages are cooked and the cheese melts. Your heavenly pizza flavored pasta is ready to serve now.
Just a final touch for your pizza pasta bake is some greens on it. Just use whatever you have on hand. Basil would be my first choice but I used purslane leaves as it was the only herb I had on hand.
See our other casserole recipe videos here:
Pizza Pasta Bake
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 and ½ cups ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 9 slices sausage
- 2 cups pasta
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Basil leaves or herb of your choice for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and saute onion in it. Add in ground beef and cook for about 10 minutes pressing on it with a spatula so that there aren’t any blocks.
- Add in spices, tomatoes, garlic slices pasta and water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover the skillet and reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until almost all the liquid is absorbed. Don’t let it absorb all of it, otherwise your pasta get dry when baking in oven.
- Transfer half of the pasta into a square baking pan. Top with half of the mozzarella and spread the other half of pasta over the cheese and top with sausages and mozzarella.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts.