Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies with Olive Oil
Wonderfully soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies with olive oil and butter combination.
- Author: Zerrin & Yusuf
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Total Time: 31 minutes
- Yield: 3 dozens 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 and ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream sugar, butter and oil until fully incorporated.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix untl well blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and fold just until combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and fold until just mixed.
- Roll into 1 tablespoon-sized balls and place them on the prepared sheet leaving about 2 inches of space. Put it in the freezer and freeze for about 10 minutes before baking so that they don’t get too flat when baked.
- Bake the cookies for 11 minutes. They will look underdone, but it’s okay. Don’t worry.
- Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer on a cooling rack until they completely cool down.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 12.5 g
- Sodium: 125 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 17.1 mg
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, olive oil chocolate chip cookies