Peach Sorbet is the best thing to use up ripe peaches in your fridge. You can make this easy, sweet and refreshing sorbet with 5 ingredients without an ice cream maker.
I LOVE peaches! I love not only their sweet taste, but also their look. Don’t you think they look so beautiful and graceful like a lady? I find them really aesthetic for photography as well, so we need to shoot more photographs with these beauties, which means more recipes with them too. It is a good idea to freeze some to use in fall or even winter. The Peach Loaf Cake I made some time ago has already become a favorite of you and this definitely shows I’m right about creating new peach recipes. Hope you love this Peach Sorbet as much.
This is an easy recipe for sorbet and you can experiment with other fruit in their season. If you are a big fan of ice cream, I must tell you that this sorbet is not as rich because there is no milk or heavy cream in it. I think a classic sorbet should be based on a fruit, so it should be dairy-free. Otherwise it wouldn’t be called sorbet. Ice cream would be the right word then.
I didn’t use an ice cream maker for this recipe, I used the old method which calls for stirring every half hour until it gets firm. If you don’t have that time to deal with it this way, just freeze the sorbet mixture in your ice cream maker.
About this Peach Sorbet Recipe
I made this peach sorbet using pureed frozen peach and simple syrup. Don’t worry, it’s so easy to make this syrup. Just combine equal amounts of water and sugar in a saucepan. Boil until sugar dissolves completely and let it cool.
Sugar is a significant ingredient in a sorbet recipe because it helps to get the right texture. The texture gets too icy if you don’t add sugar. The best way to add it in a sorbet recipe is to dissolve it in boiling water first, which is called a simple syrup. It has a lower freezing point thanks to sugar, but be careful about the amount.
If you add too much syrup, you end up with a slushy sorbet. Well, I don’t really care about it because it is still tasty and refreshing. And we NEED it in summer. If you want your sorbet to turn out perfect, you can read this egg method to decide on the amount of simple syrup. Interestingly, mom uses the exact same method to decide on the amount of salt in brine when making pickles.
Other Summer Peach Recipes You Might LikePrint
Easy, sweet and refreshing sorbet with 5 ingredients without an ice cream maker.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezing
- Cuisine: American
- 4 peaches, sliced with the skin on
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- Freeze the peach slices.
- To prepare the simple syrup, combine sugar and water in a saucepan and bring it to boil. Simmer until sugar dissolves completely. Cool completely.
- Place frozen peach slices in a blender and blend until smooth. You get 3 cups of peach puree. Depending on your blender size, you might need to add the frozen peach slices in batches.
- Add in the simple syrup and blend.
- Pour into a container with lid. Let it sit in the freezer for half an hour. Remove it, give it a good stir and put it back to the freezer. Repeat this a few times until it gets firm and then freze it for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and wait for 5-10 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Freezing time is not included in the duration.
Keywords: peach recipe, peach sorbet