Peach Bruschetta with Avocado Sauce is the perfection of this summer! These are wonderfully balanced with sweet and savory flavors. The green sauce is amazingly scrumptious on its own and when you combine it with peach, red onion and cheese, you reach the perfection I’m talking about. You will feel in heaven right after the first bite! Make these for the next party you are going and see how they become a real hit!
We are having the last weeks of summer, so I’m just trying to use peach in as many recipes as I can. It is one of my favorite fruit because you can make not only amazing desserts like yummy yet skinny Pan Seared Peach with Yogurt but also wonderful savory treats like Pickled Unripe Peaches. Combining sweet and savory on vibrant looking Peach Bruschetta with Avocado Sauce is with no doubt a fantastic idea!
Let me start with the avocado sauce that will make you lick your finger. The idea of preparing this amazingly green and refreshing sauce came to my mind when I scooped the flesh of avocado to make Eggs Baked in Avocado. The avocado I used here was ripe enough, so it made the sauce buttery. I pureed spinach and fresh mint leaves altogether in a food processor. Then mix it with olive oil, lemon juice and salt. That’s it. You have the yummiest green sauce ever!
Now it’s time to create the yummiest peach bruschetta in the world with the help of this salad. You can prepare the peach now. Coat diced peach with a little honey and cook them in a non-stick pan until caramelized. You will be amazed when the color of peaches get vibrant as they are cooked. I’m sure you can’t help tasting one or two when you feel the lovely smell coming out of the pan. You can create various treats with these scrumptious caramelized peaches. To give an example; just top your plain yogurt with these and enjoy one of the healthiest and yummiest breakfast or dessert.
I can’t think of my peach bruschetta without feta, so I topped them with a little feta. And finally one of the best companion of feta is onion. I rubbed thinly chopped red onion with a little sumac and made the final touch on this heavenly party food.
A wonderful combination of sweet and savory on bread slices. Use an amazing green sauce with avocado, spinach and mint leaves as spread. Top with caramelized peach, feta and red onion. Perfection!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 and ½ cup chopped spinach
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 and ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 large peach, diced
- ¼ cup feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 onion, thinly chopped
- ½ teaspoon sumac
- Puree avocado, spinach and mint leaves in a food processor.
- Add in lemon juice, olive oil and salt and mix well. Put the sauce aside.
- Coat diced peach with honey.
- Heat a non stick pan and toss in honey coated peaches.
- Cook them until caramelized stirring occasionally over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Rub thinly chopped onion with sumac and put aside.
- To prepare the bruschetta, spread the green sauce on bread slices. Then top them with caramelized peach, feta and onion in this order.
- Serve immediately.