Fresh Peach Bread Recipe with Walnuts
Cinnamon flavored peach bread with walnuts. Moist and flavorful, it makes you feel cozy.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 11 1x
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup kefir
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup peach chunks
- 1/4 cup crumbled walnuts
- 11 peach slices, not very thick
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Powdered sugar when serving
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 8X4 inch loaf pan with parchment, leaving enough baking parchment so that it is easy to pull the cake out.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and sugar. Add the oil and whisk well. Add in kefir and vanilla extract.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together ino the bowl and stir with a spatula just until combined. Stir in the peaches and walnuts and pour into the baking pan.
- Arrange the peach slices on the bread and sprinkle cinnamon and Brown sugar over it.
- Bake for an hour or until an inserted skewer somes out clean. Remove from oven and let it cool for 10-15 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar when it cools completely or when serving.
Keywords: peach bread, fresh peach bread, peach loaf cake