As we are in Winter break here, I don’t need to go to school everyday. I didn’t want to wake up early yesterday morning, in fact I didn’t want to get out of the bed eventhough I woke up. It was great to know that it was Monday but there was no work. After lingering over breakfast, I decided to do some house chores and to change the planning of some rooms. I feel refreshed whenever I make some “restoration” inside the house by changing the places of the coach, armchairs, bookcases (we have 6 big bookcases), and the other portable things in the house. It’s like moving to a new house, so whenever I get bored, I do it at least once a year as I do love renewals. Of course I wasn’t alone while doing these, I could have never managed all these without the help of my hubby.
When I was having a cup of Turkish coffee to take a rest, I realized that the dinner time was coming. And guess what? I remembered that we had invited two friends for dinner. “What are we going to cook?” was the question I repeated a hundred times. And hubby offered his practical proposal: Pasta in Oven. Yep! It was a great idea because it was easy and scrumptious. I have never met anybody refusing pasta no matter how it is cooked. However, when cooked in oven, pasta becomes more special with its irresistible look. It looks like a kind of borek, doesn’t it?
Our friends were happy to see the new planning in our house and feel the wonderful smell of pasta coming from the kitchen. It was ready when they came, but we needed some fresh salad to serve. We always love to work with our guests in the kitchen, so I didn’t refuse their proposal for help and put the necessary ingredients for a salad on the counter. Hubby served us red wine as he knew how to motivate us to work. After a very short time, our dinner was ready with a great trio: Pasta in oven, green salad and red wine.
Pasta in Oven
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 1/2 package of pasta (I used bucatini, thick spaghetti)
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup grated kasar cheese or parmesan
- Black pepper
- Heat water in a large pot. When it boils, put the pasta in the pot, add a few drops olive oil, this will prevent the bucatini from sticking to each other. And boil it for 10 minutes.
- Take it from fire, put it under cold water and drain. Put it in a baking pan, add crumbled feta cheese with parsley and mix them.
- Preheat the oven to 370F.
- Mix milk, flour, egg, olive oil, salt and black pepper together until smooth. Seperate a little of this mixture aside and pour the rest on pasta and mix.
- Spread the seperated milk mixture on its top.
- Cook it in oven for about 30 minutes. Then take it out and put the grated cheese evenly on the pasta. Put it back into the oven and cook it until the cheese melts (about 5-7 min).
- Serve it cutting in squares.