Preparation of Okra and Preheating Oven
- Start by preheating your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Take your fresh okra pods and soak them in a mixture of water and vinegar for 5 minutes.
- After soaking, rinse the okra under cold water and then pat them dry.
Cutting and Seasoning
- Cut the okra pods in half lengthwise.
- Arrange the okra halves on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Toss the okra with olive oil until all pieces are coated evenly.
- Sprinkle the okra with garlic powder and salt, and toss again to spread the seasoning evenly.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake the okra for about 15-20 minutes. Make sure to turn the okra halfway through for even roasting.
Second Baking Phase for Crispiness
- After the initial baking, take the baking sheet out of the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 170°F (77°C).
- Allow the oven to cool down for about 10 minutes.
- Return the okra to the oven, leaving the oven door slightly open.
- Continue baking for another 2 hours or until the okra chips reach your desired level of crispiness.