One Pot Creamy Pumpkin Pasta is the best pasta recipe for these days, when we are in the season of pumpkin. It is creamy without heavy cream. You will fall in love with the amazing color of this pasta. Besides, it is packed with two cheeses, mozzarella and cheddar. And the best thing is everything cooks in the same pot! Ready in less than 20 minutes!
If you are a working mom or dad, you always look for the easiest and quickest ways to feed your family. Here is a perfect recipe for busy weekdays. This one pot creamy pumpkin pasta will become one of your favorite recipes as everyone in the family will enjoy it much. Pumpkin and cheese make a wonderful match in pasta.
You know I have an obsession with pumpkin and try to use it in many ways. I’ve tried several sweet treats with it so far like Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins. These are just two of what I’ve made with pumpkin, you can find the rest by writing pumpkin in the search box on the sidebar. And I use Homemade Pumpkin Puree in almost all of the recipes. So if you can’t find canned pumpkin, make it yourself at home.
The sweet and savory flavors are balanced in this pasta with pumpkin and the cheeses. And the subtle garlic flavor adds a very nice richness to this one pot creamy pumpkin pasta. As a final touch and to give a little freshness to the meal, I sprinkled some chopped parsley on the top. So you just need 7 ingredients for this recipe. This is a scrumptious vegetarian pasta recipe and we love it as much as creamy tomato sauce fettuccine, but I’m planning to try it with beef next time. I’ll share the recipe and the result as soon as I make it. If you try it before me, I’d love to hear your about your experience in the comments section. Please feel free to share it here!Print
One Pot Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
Creamy pumpkin pasta without cream. Packed with cheese. Ready in less than 20 min!
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 5 cups water
- 8 oz pasta
- 1 cup homemade pumpkin puree (or canned)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Fill a large pot with 5 cups water. Add in pasta, pumpkin puree, olive oil, garlic and salt.
- Cook it over medium medium high heat until it boils ( for 3-4 minutes), stirring a few times. Stir constantly after it boils so that it doesn’t stick. Continue cooking until there is very little juice at the bottom of the pot, for 8 minutes.
- Quickly add the mozzarella and stir. Remove it from heat, place cheddar slices on the top, sprinkle parsley and cover the pot. Let it wait for 5 minutes until the cheddar cheese melts.
- Serve hot.