This post is sponsored by alli®. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of the classic cookie recipes everyone should have in their recipe notebook; they are always a hit for any occasion and well loved by all.
These cookies are perfectly buttery, soft and chewy and loaded with chocolate chips. Add some oatmeal in chocolate chip cookies to make them healthier.
I love to use oatmeal in cookies, it gives a nice chewiness and knowing that it’s a healthy ingredient, I just want to use it even more. I know I’ve already shared cookie recipes with oatmeal and you love them. Haven’t you seen our Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies yet? Check them out! I don’t know why I had waited that long to share a classic recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, but here it is. It is so easy to make these cookies that even kids can make them. Sometimes it could be fun to involve them in baking activities.
This is a classic recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies but with one secret ingredient that is a perfect reminder for fall. Yes, I’m talking about apple spice. It takes the cookies to the next level. We use brown sugar and regular sugar in this cookie recipe and this helps the cookies be wonderfully chewy.
So start by creaming the margarine and sugars until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix smooth.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined well.
Drop the cookie dough on a parchment paper lined baking sheet using a tablespoon.
Bake for 10 minutes. Don’t overbake, otherwise you end up with very hard cookies.
I’m sure you already have all the ingredients in your pantry, so what are you waiting for? Run to the kitchen and make some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! They taste even better the next day.
Yields 2 dozens
Perfectly chewy and chocolaty oatmeal cookies.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- ½ cup margarine, canola-based, trans-fat free
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 and ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 and ¼ cups flour, all-purpose
- ½ cup oats, uncooked (not instant)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream the margarine and sugars together until fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and egg.
- Mix smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients, scrape the bowl and mix smooth again.
- Form small balls for cookies using scoop or tablespoon. Arrange on the baking sheet so they are not too close together.
- Bake until cookies are done, about 10 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool briefly before removing from pan. Cool completely.
Fat Per Serving: 6.1g
For more great alli® weight loss recipes, check out My alli Recipes for you!