Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies are the most attractive sweet treats I’ve made and tasted so far. They make an AMAZING edible gift to the special one in your life. You can impress anyone with these!
Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and if you are still unsure what to bake or how to impress the sweet person in your life, just make these nutella stuffed red velvet cookies. Admiration is guaranteed! Chewy red velvet cookies with a soft inside and stuffed with nutella. I know how it sounds. The most fantastic sweet thing ever! If you’re following this blog for some time, you already know I’m in love with red velvet treats. Have you seen my Red Velvet Macaroons and my cream cheese stuffed red velvet cookies which I called Red Velvet Oreos? If you love red velvet as much as I do, you need to check them out too!
Get ready for compliments when you make nutella stuffed red velvet cookies. Zerrin, these are legendary! These are sinfully scrumptious! These are the yummiest cookies I’ve ever had in my whole life! These are the best cookies ever existed! None of these words are mine. I made these beauties and took them to a friends meeting. Everyone LOVED it and they were like competing for the best description of these cookies. So happy and proud to hear them for sure! Who wouldn’t?
I have been dreaming of nutella stuffed chocolate cookies for some time but I decided to make them red velvet so that they look even more attractive and passionate. Red is the color of love. Chocolate is the food of love. So let’s combine these two in one treat!
You can’t imagine how it is easy to make these. You don’t need to chill the cookie dough but you need to freeze the nutella inside beforehand. Just place teaspoon full of nutella onto a plate lined with parchment paper and wait it in the freezer at least for 30 minutes, until they get frozen.
Flatten the cookie dough and place a teaspoon of frozen nutella in the center and roll it up into a ball. Repeat this until you finish the dough. Nutella thaws out really fast, so it’s better if you keep the nutella bites in the freezer when you’re making the cookies. Remove it from freezer, stuff one or two cookies and put it back to the freezer so that the remaining nutella bites don’t melt or soften.
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies
chewy red velvet cookies stuffed with Nutella.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Total Time: 49 minutes
- Yield: 25 1x
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 and 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 25 teaspoons Nutella
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add in the egg, red food coloring and vanilla. Mix well. Pour the dry ingredients over this and mix until combined.
- Drop 25 teaspoons of Nutella onto a parchment paper lined plate and freeze at least for 30 minutes or until harden.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take 1 tablespoon of dough and slightly flatten it. Place a frozen teaspoon of Nutella in the center, add another half tablespoon of dough over the Nutella and roll it up in your hands to form a ball. Put the Nutella bites in the freezer back every time you make one or two cookies so that they don’t melt or soften.
- Repeat until you finish the dough. Place the cookies on the parchment baker lined baking sheets and bake for 9-10 minutes. Place chocolate chips on each right after you remove them from oven.
Recipe inspired by A Cookie Named Desire