Molten Chocolate Citrus Cookies
Soft and chewy chocolate cookies flavored with mandarin zest.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Total Time: 49 minutes
- Yield: 3 dozens 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
- 1 and ¾ cup (320g) chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons mandarin zest
- Extra mandarin zest for topping
- Sea salt for topping
- Melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and salt until pale yellow.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into egg mixture gradually and mix well.
- Add in flour and baking powder. Stir until incorporated. Cover the dough and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop cookies on it, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. Grate some more mandarin zest over them. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Don’t over bake!
- Transfer the cookies on a cooling wire rack right after you remove them from oven. Sprinkle extra mandarin zest and sea salt over each cookie when they are still hot, gently pressing over them.
Prep time includes chilling time too.