Mexican Tortilla Pizza is a perfect quick treat that will surprise your guests. They will simply LOVE this pizza and thank you several times for making it. It is hearty, beefy, topped with several pizza toppings and super yummy. This makes a wonderful weeknight dinner because it is ready in 30 minutes.
Do you remember our classic lasagna from scratch? We made it with a lovely couple, who are real foodies. Now this Mexican tortilla pizza is the result of another meeting with them. We should definitely meet more often to make such beauties. And I’d love to thank you for waiting patiently until we finished with photo shooting. Cooking at a food blogger’s home requires that patience. We just couldn’t have missed the chance of sharing the photo and the recipe for our readers.
Do you like Mexican food? This is a very easy one. Who can refuse an easy, quick, tasty and nice Mexican food? You don’t need to worry about the pizza dough because we are using tortillas instead. The easiest pizza ever! You will be amazed with the result.
We made this Mexican tortilla pizza two-layered. A spicy ground beef layer and a typical pizza topping layer using the pizza sauce we made from scratch on flour tortillas without lard, add pre-cooked ground beef and shredded mozzarella over it and cover with another tortilla. Now you can top the second tortilla with your favorite pizza toppings after spreading pizza sauce over it. We used mushroom, corn, green and red peppers and of course a lot of mozzarella. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Don’t you think this is a wonderful Mexican party food? This is quiet spicy and bursting with flavors. To balance the flavors, we served it with avocado and arugula. These two gave a refreshing effect on this goodness.Print
Mexican Tortilla Pizza
Mexican tortilla pizza with a beef layer in the middle.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup corn, frozen
- 1/2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 cup red and green peppers, chopped
- 1 avocado
- Arugula leaves
- 4 flour tortillas
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and saute onions until tender. Add in the ground beef, press on it with a wooden spoon so that there aren’t any beef blocks. Bring it to medium low heat and cook covered. Let it release its juice and then absorb it. When there is almost no juice, add in the spices and cook for a few minutes stirring. Put it aside and let it cool.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place 2 tortillas on a baking pan lined with baking paper. Spread tomato sauce on each. Share the cooked beef on each. Add some shredded mozzarella on each and cover them with the remained two tortillas.
- Spread the rest of the pizza sauce on each and sprinkle corn, chopped mushroom, diced peppers and mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve with scooped avocado and arugula leaves.