Christmas Meltaway Cookies
Cookies with simple ingredients literally melting in your mouth.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 dozens
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- Colored sugar or sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line a baking sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar, salt and lemon zest until creamy.
- Whisk flour and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Pour the dry mixture into the bowl gradually and mix with your hands until everything is combined.
- Make tiny balls and place them on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let them sit in the baking sheet for another 10 minutes.
- Coat with sprinkles when they are still warm.
About the amount of cornstarch: These cookies are really soft and literally melting in your mouth. If you want your cookies slightly crispy, use 1/2 cup cornstarch and add 1 and 3/4 cup flour.
About how to make sprinkles or colored sugar stick on the baked cookies: Please read my explanation above.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 52
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sodium: 33mg
- Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 4.7g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 8.2mg
Keywords: meltaway cookies, christmas cookies, meltaway christmas cookies