Lemon Thumbprint Cookies
Zesty and tangy thumbprint cookies with lemon zest and jam!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 30 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 sticks butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp lemon zest, grated
- 1/3 cup lemon jam
- 2 tbsp sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Mix butter, sugar, salt and lemon zest until smooth.
- Add in flour and mix with a spatula until combined well.
- Cover and chill it for 30 minutes.
- Line cookie sheets with baking paper.
- Make 1 inch balls from dough and place them on baking paper leaving enough space between each.
- Press on each cookie with your thumb to make dents.
- Place 1/3 tsp lemon jam in these dents.
- Bake them for 20 minutes.
- Add sprinkles on each when they are still warm and cool them on a wire rack.
Keywords: lemon thumbprint cookies, thumbprint cookies