Lemon Crinkle Cookies From Scratch
Lemon crinkle cookies from scratch. Slightly chewy on the outside and soft on the inside. Naturally colored with turmeric, but you don’t taste it at all.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 29 minutes
- Yield: 25 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 and ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 and ½ teaspoons turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 and ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter, sugar and lemon zest with a hand mixer until pale. Beat in lemon juice and eggs, one at a time.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, turmeric powder, salt and baking powder.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Mix either with a spatula or hand mixer with low speed until combined.
- Cover the bowl and chill the dough at least 1 hour. It is easier to roll the dough into balls when chilled.
- Preheat the oven to 350F, line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the dough out of the bowl, roll into a ball, roll the ball in the powdered sugar and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat for the remaining dough.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 219
- Sugar: 12.1g
- Sodium: 155.6mg
- Fat: 10.9g
- Carbohydrates: 23.5g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 40.5mg
Keywords: lemon crinkle cookies, lemon cookies