Hummus with Pastirma or Bacon
Top your hummus with dried beef and love it more!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 cup chickpeas, boiled
- ¼ cup water, you can use the water of boiled chickpeas
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon, sequeezed
- 5 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp butter
- 8 slices pastirma or bacon
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Put chickpeas and water in a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Add tahini, lemon juice mashed garlic, salt and cumin and mix.
- Transfer it on a plate.
- Heat a small skillet and melt butter in it.
- Fry pastirma or bacon slices in it for 2 minutes.
- Top hummus with these and chopped parsley.
Add pastirma or bacon just before serving since these don’t taste good cold.