Hummus Deviled Eggs are the combination of two addictive appetizers. Creamy hummus replaces mayonnaise and makes perfect mayo-free deviled eggs. They will disappear so fast that everyone will beg for more.
Simple classic hummus is my greatest weakness. I love it so much that I can even have it as a spread on my toasted bread in the morning. Never tried it? You have to give it a try if you are a savory person at breakfast. It’s the best snack during the day too. I’m the happiest person if there is a jar of hummus in the refrigerator. That’s why, it’s no surprise I stuff eggs with hummus and make these Hummus Deviled Eggs.
Okay you can use store bought hummus to be quicker, but why don’t you make it at home when it super easy and takes only 5 minutes? You only put everything in a food processor and blend. Add extra water if needed and blend. Taste, make the adjustments needed like adding more tahini, lemon juice or salt and blend again. It tastes way better when made at home like many other homemade foods.
If you are following this blog for some time, you probably know that I love to hide turmeric in recipes when possible as in Leek Fritters or Banana Turmeric Chocolate Cake. Nobody can notice turmeric in these deviled eggs as its color matches perfectly with hummus and yolks. The filling on egg whites gets even more vibrant.
If you love hot appetizers as much as we do, you should add some hot chili powder in the the filling and sprinkle some extra on the completed deviled eggs!
I love to serve my hummus deviled eggs with a bowl of leftover hummus filling alongside, so don’t worry when the filling is more than needed for 7 eggs. Who doesn’t love to dip vegetable sticks into this amazingly creamy and super tasty hummus?
How Long Do Hummus Deviled Eggs Last?
I recommend eating these on the same day. Eating them within a few hours after they are made is the best. Not only do they get dry but they also become unsafe as they wait longer because hard-boiled eggs shouldn’t wait long. I wouldn’t store them longer than 24 hours even in the refrigerator.
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
Hummus Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs stuffed with creamy hummus mixture.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 14 deviled eggs
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (15oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoons cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water or more if needed
For Hummus Deviled Eggs:
- 7 large eggs
- ½ cup hummus
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon hot chili powder
- Place everything except water in a food processor and blend until everything is combined. Add in the water and blend until smooth. If it’s still not as creamy as you desire, add extra water and blend again. Taste and make any adjustment you want, like adding more lemon juice or salt.
Hummus Deviled Eggs:
- Place the eggs into a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Drain water and cover the eggs with cold water. Let them cool for 1 minute and then peel.
- Slice the eggs in half and transfer the yolks to a bowl. Mash them with a fork and stir in the hummus until combined well. Season it with turmeric and chili powder.
- Fill the egg whites with the hummus mixture. Sprinkle extra chili powder when serving if desired.