Chicken Wings are one of those to-die-for foods! Noone can refuse these sticky and crispy outside, juicy inside wings! The question is: Do chicken wings make a main course or are they in the category of appetizers? Well, it doesn’t matter if you want to fill your stomach with chicken wings and don’t need any other sides! The question this time is: How many can you eat? Ten, fifteen, twenty, more? Come on, don’t get embarrased and tell me how much you love chicken wings! You might have stomach problems if they are deep fried, so I use a different method, yet have the same irresistible result as deep fried ones!
These chicken wings are not deep fried, they are not oven roasted either. You might see recipes calling for boiling beforehand, but these are not even boiled. So how do I make these yummy chicken wings? I use mom’s method: Wash the chicken wings and don’t dry them, just throw them into a large skillet. No oil added at this step. Cover the skillet with its lid and cook them over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes. The wings will release their juice this way and you won’t need any extra water. They will be partly cooked in their own juice. Turn the wings over after 7 minutes and let the other side had the same step. Make sure you cover the skillet again, otherwise, the water (the juice of wings) inside will evaporate and the wings might burn.
This is much easier and tastier than boiling. What you need to do next is to add some olive oil over the wings when they are still in the skillet and when there is little juice left. Put the lid back. Cook them turning over occasionally until they get as golden as you desire.
See how it’s easy to make these addictive chicken wings? No mess around and no excessive amount of oil! I added a few chili peppers as whole to make it even more heavenly when eating! Also, sesame seeds were great to make them even crunchier! What’s more, I drizzled over a little honey and Homemade Pomegranate Molasses to make them sticky and in between sweet and tangy flavors. I promise you will get addicted to these chicken wings once you try!
Chicken wings are mostly paired with beer, but we do love them with red wine too. If you want to have these as a main course, then I recommend you to serve a refreshing Shepher’s Salad with them.
Honey Sesame Chicken Wings
Addictive chicken wings with a healthy method
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 kilo chicken wing pieces
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 6 chili peppers, optional
- Fresh rosemary leaves, optional
- Wash chicken wings very well and place them in a large skillet. Do not dry the wings.
- Sprinkle salt on them.
- Cover the skillet with its lid and cook the wings over medium low heat for 5-7 minutes. Let them release their juice.
- Turn them over and let the other sides partly cooked when there is still juice inside. Make sure you put the lid back after turning over.
- Cook until a little juice left.
- Bring it to the lowest heat and toss in chili peppers and chili powder.
- Add olive oil over them, cover it and cook turning them over as needed until they are done.
- Take the lid and drizzle pomegranate molasses and honey over the wings.
- Toss in sesame seeds and turn them over every now and then until all wings are coated with the sticky pomegranate&honey sauce and sesame seeds.
- As a final touch, throw some fresh rosemary leaves into the skillet and take it from heat.
- You can serve it with a little extra honey.