This pasta is on top of our list these days. Homemade pasta is called eriste in Turkish and it is made at home in great amounts to be stored for later cooking. There is of course its market version for those who don’t want to work on it, but I can’t give a guarantee for its taste. Here is the recipe for homemade pasta if you have time and want to make it yourself. You can play with the amounts if you are not planning to store any.
Mixing homemade pasta with yogurt is perfect for summer, when you don’t feel like eating anything heavy. This pasta with yogurt will be a great alternative to other pasta dishes on hot days. A bowl of pasta with yogurt and a bowl of fresh salad make a fantastic lunch or dinner. Try it!
Homemade Pasta With Yogurt
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 250g homemade pasta
- 4 cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups yogurt
- A pinch of dried mint
- A pinch of chili pepper flakes
- Pour water in a pot and boil. Throw homemade pasta into it when it boils.
- Boil pasta until tender about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Wash it with some cold water to remove its heat and drain.
- Transfer pasta into a large pot. Add salt and yogurt and mix them. Wait in refrigerator for some minutes.
- Serve it in small bowls and sprinkle a pinch of mint and chili pepper on each.