Do you remember the post, Homemade Remedy? I told how tarhana is important in our culture and how it is healthy to have tarhana soup in winter in that post. I’ve got the recipe from our grandma and I’m ready to share it with you now! She makes it in large amounts to send some to all of her children and grandchildren, so she minimized the measurement for you. She said that people make this drying process in Autumn, so you will have to wait it until then.
How to make tarhana soup?
Turkish tarhana is one of the best Winter soups!
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 tbsp dried tarhana soup
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp pepper paste or tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Heat olive oil. Put pepper paste and dried mint, mix them.
- Add 3 cups cold water. Pour 2 tbsp dried tarhana when it is still cold. Stir it occasionaly until it boils so that it doesn’t get lumpy.
- Add garlic, salt and chili powder.
- Boil it for 10 minutes more. Serve it when it’s still hot.
- A small bowl of yogurt makes a great pair.