Baked Lemon Pepper Tilapia Fillets
Tilapia fillets are flavored with lemon and pepper and then baked in the oven. This is one of the easiest dinner recipes for weeknights.
- Author: Zerrin & Yusuf
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
For the Olive Oil Baked Lime Tilapia:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of a lemon, plus a few slices as garnish
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 fillets of tilapia, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
For the Black Bean Salsa:
- 1 (15 oz.) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- Juice of a lime
To bake the tilapia:
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 F degrees.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place the tilapia fillets in a large (mine was 9X13) oven-proof casserole dish. Drizzle them with the dressing.
- Garnish them with slices of lime and chives.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
To Make the Black Bean Salsa:
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the corn and cook until tender enough, 3-5 minutes. Drain.
- Mix together all of the ingredients including corn in a bowl.
- Place each fillet on a plate, garnish with the salsa and serve.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 332
- Sugar: 3.2 g
- Sodium: 443.6 mg
- Fat: 15.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.4 g
- Protein: 29.4 g
- Cholesterol: 58 mg
Keywords: baked tilapia, baked lemon pepper tilapia, baked tilapia fillets