Fresh Cucumber Lemonade
A delightful lemonade flavored with cucumber, lemon zest and fresh mint.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Drinks
- 2 cucumbers
- ¼ bunch fresh mint
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 4 cups hot water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- For garnish:
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Fresh mint leaves
- Wash the cucumbers very well.
- Leave their skin on and grate them in a bowl.
- Pound the mint leaves and lemon zest in a mortar and toss in the bowl.
- Stir with a spoon and transfer them in a piece of cheese cloth.
- Squeeze the juice into the bowl. Set aside. You can use a blender instead, but the flavors stand out with this method.
- Mix sugar and lemon juice in hot water until sugar dissolves.
- Combine this syrup with cucumber juice flavored with lemon zest and mint.
- Chill it at least for an hour and serve with ice cubes, mint leaves and cucumber slices.
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 23.9g
- Sodium: 207mg
- Fat: 10.6g
- Carbohydrates: 35.3g
- Protein: 9.4g
- Cholesterol: 24.9mg
Keywords: cucumber, lemonade, cucumber lemonade