Looking for a soft homemade bread? You will love this Zucchini Bread, which is perfect for big breakfasts! Bread making is one of my addictions since I LOVE that tempting smell of bread baking in oven. When the whole house is filled with that smell, I feel that our home becomes a real home where lots of family members live in. Right, I miss the times when all my family members including grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins used to gather and have great meals together. My grandma would bake scrumptious breads then and it was a real joy for all of us to have those breads right from oven! You know what? My grandma would make butter too from the milk of her own cows. Freshly baked homemade bread rolls paired with homemade butter, can you imagine that? A breakfast to die for!
Who doesn’t love a little butter melting on a newly baked bread? When you know that it’s a healthy zucchini bread, you can feel less guilty!
I use whole wheat flour when making breads and this whole wheat flour bread is a classic one in our home. I use carrot and walnuts in that one and I wanted to try zucchini and cheese in this one. And it resulted in this soft and fluffy zucchini bread! I can hear you asking how it becomes that fluffy with whole wheat flour. The secret is grated zucchini inside. It gives a super softness to the bread. So I have another healthy and soft bread with whole wheat flour now!
You just need some time to make this zucchini bread since you will wait the dough twice; both after kneading it and after dividing it into balls.
You see how it rises after 40 minutes. It’s ready to go into oven now!
If you love to make your own bread, you must give this zucchini bread a try! You can use all purpose flour too if you are a fan of cotton like white breads. Just be careful with the amount of water then, you might need to use less.
I’m sending this fluffy zucchini bread to YeastSpotting!
We made this zucchini bread last weekend and wanted to double our joy by having it in an open area. Then, completely out of the blue, we decided to have a picnic in our favorite park in Eskisehir. Our last picnic was last Summer and we missed it a lot! Since it was a sudden decision, we didn’t spend long hours to prepare things; unlike a typical Turkish picnic with barbecue and lots of meat, it would be a simple picnic with our zucchini bread, cheese, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers and a little jam with us. And we took Turkish tea in a flask as a drink. It was a wonderful brunch for us and we will be doing it often until our baby comes. I even took pictures of my husband Yusuf when he was taking the picture of this bread and shared it on my “Who am I” page. Check it out!
Fluffy Zucchini Bread
Homemade fluffy zucchini bread with whole wheat flour.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 50 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 1x
- 3 zucchinis, grated (2 ½ cup when squeezed)
- 1 tsp salt, for zucchinis
- 6 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp dry instant yeast
- ½ cup kasar cheese or parmesan, grated
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cup lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 1 tsp butter, for the pan
- Grate zucchinis into a strainer, sprinkle salt on it and wait 15 minutes so that it releases excessive juice.
- Squeeze grated zucchinis with your hands after 15 minutes.
- Mix flour, yeast, cheese, salt and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- Toss in zucchinis and mix.
- Add in olive oil and water. Mix with your hand.
- Knead it for about 10 minutes.
- You can add a little extra water or flour to have a soft dough.
- Cover it and wait for 1 hour.
- Sift a little flour on the counter and divide the dough into 7 balls.
- Butter the cake pan and place dough balls into it giving a flower shape.
- Mix yogurt and 1 tbsp olive oil and brush the tops of balls with this mixture.
- Sprinkle sesame and nigella seeds on it.
- Cover it and wait for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- Bake it until golden, for 50 minutes.
- Cool it on a wire rack.