Turkish Fig and Walnut Cookies that are wonderfully chewy, nutty and yummy. No chilling is required and so easy to make.
I tried the recipe last week and here is the result. These cookies are crispy outside but softer inside. When you touch one of them, you think it’s as hard as stone but when you have a bite, you see it’s not. Figs inside made it softer and as I love to eat figs and walnuts together, these cookies were perfect for me.
30 cookies came out of these measurements, but I could keep them for 4 days. They were still so yummy on the last day. But I must warn you; these are so addictive! I made some of them big and some of them as small as marbles. I couldn’t take photo of the small cookies as we ate them all in that evening and night with various people.
Ingredients For Walnut Fig Cookies
- Sunflower oil
- Baking soda
- Dried figs
How To Make Fig Walnut Cookies
- First, preheat the oven at 180C/350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put it aside.
- Second, mix all the ingredients except flour with your hands. Add in the flour and combine them well.
- Third, shape them in your palms. Their size is up to you. Flatten them a bit by gently pressing on each. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and bake them until they’re golden, about 20 minutes. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes more after taking them out of oven. Then take them on a cooling rack.
- You can keep these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days.
More Fig Recipes
More Turkish Cookies
- Sesame Cookies With Tahini
- Tahini Olive Oil Cookies
- Un Kurabiyesi aka Melting Moments
- Orange Flavored Date Filled Cookie Recipe
Fig and Walnut Cookies
Cookies packed with dried figs and crumbled walnuts.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 30 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup walnut, crumbled
- 8 dried figs, finely chopped
- 4 cups flour
- Preheat the oven at 180C/350F.
- Mix all the ingredients except flour with your hands.
- Add flour at the end and combine all of them well.
- Shape them in your palms. Their size is up to you.
- Flatten them a bit. Lay the parchment paper in a baking sheet. Place the cookies on it and bake them until they’re golden about 20 minutes. Wait them on the tray for 5 minutes more after taking them out of oven. Then take them on wire rack.
- You can keep these cookies in closed containers at room temperature for a few days.
Keywords: fig cookies, walnut cookies, fig and walnut cookies