Eggs Baked in Avocado on a naturally formed egg white plate make the tastiest and healthiest breakfast for you and your kids. Combination of these two can never go wrong! I use them together when making scrambled eggs with avocado. I tried cooking them together in this recipe and these were amazing!
Eggs Baked in Avocado are mostly made in oven, but I used the easier and quicker method and cooked them in a pan over stove. It is one of the easiest elegant looking breakfast and I’m sure all family members will be more than pleased when they see these eggs baked in avocado in the morning. It doesn’t have to be a breakfast food though, you can definitely serve these at lunch and satisfy a crowd with them.
You just need some avocados and eggs for this recipe, the other ingredients or spices are up to your taste. I used a little olive oil just to coat the bottom of the pan. I wanted to keep it plain so I just used salt, no other spices but Yusuf loves these with black pepper and cumin. I garnished them with roughly chopped fresh mint to give it a little freshness, but you can use your favorite herb. Green onions, parsley or dill would be fine too.
My eggs baked in avocado are not baked in oven indeed. When I put these in oven, everything cooks at the same time, but not in a desired way. The yolks are overcooked in oven because you have to wait them there long enough for the yolks to cook. I love the yolks a little runny, so I prefer cooking these over stove.
So here I will try to explain how you can prepare wonderfully soft yolks and well cooked whites in perfectly soft and creamy avocados without using an oven,
First separate the whites and yolks scoop the inside of avocados into a separate bowl. Put it aside to make a yummy a dip later or use it on a toast. Then heat a little olive oil in a pan and sear the avocados, flesh side down until they become a little golden. Now share the whites in avocados. Don’t worry if they overflow because it will form a very nice plate for the avocado boats.
Put the lid over the pan, bring the heat to the lowest and let the whites cook for 5-10 minutes until they are set. Then slide the yolks on each avocado and put the lid back. They will cook in 2-3 minutes. Garnish with your favorite herb and indulge. Never feel shy to dip your bread right into that tempting yolk!
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!
Eggs Baked in Avocado
Egg whites and yolks are separately cooked in avocado over stove to have the yolks perfectly soft. Amazingly healthy and yummy breakfast!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped mint leaves for garnish
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop out some of the flesh in the center so that there is enough room for the eggs to sit. You can serve that part alongside with the cooked eggs.
- Separate the yolks and whites. Put the whites in a bowl, yolks into two different bowls.
- Add salt into whites and mix well.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sear the avocado halves, flesh side down for 15-20 seconds until a little golden.
- Flip them over and share the egg whites into each. Don’t worry if they overflow since it forms a very nice white plate on which avocado halves are set.
- Put the lid on, turn the heat down and cook for 5-10 minutes until the whites inside avocados are set.
- Slide the yolks into the avocados over the whites. Put the lid on and cook for 2-3 minutes. You might see a thin white cover on the yolks, but they will go away and the yolks will look really shiny and yellow after about a minute.
- Garnish with chopped mint leaves and serve.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 221.8 mg
- Fat: 17.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.2 g
- Protein: 7.6 g
- Cholesterol: 186 mg
Keywords: egg cooked in avocado, eggs in avocado