Easy Mexican Rice
Very easy Mexican rice loaded with tomato flavor and some more wonderful additional flavors.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 3/4 cup pureed tomato
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 and 1/4 cup plain water (or chicken broth)
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and saute chopped onion and green onion in it.
- Add the rice and lime juice and saute until it gets lightly brown.
- Add the garlic, salt, cumin and dried mint and stir well.
- Add the pureed tomato, cilantro and water. Turn the heat up to the medium high.
- Bring it to boil and then turn the heat to low, cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer for about 20 minutes until it absorbs the juice.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
- You can garnish with green onions and cilantro when serving if you like
Recipe adapted from Favorite Family Recipes