If you ask me for a dessert recipe that you can easily make for special days, say the birthday of your beloved one or the graduate party of your kid, my first response will be something chocolaty. Everyhting based on chocolate makes people pleased, right? Let’s make them even happier with these individual cakes. These are The Easiest Mini Chocolate Cakes I’ve ever made and it made everyone more than happy even when they saw it. So these mini chocolate cakes are pleasing both to your eyes and to your taste buds.
I was just speechless when I saw the so tempting mini chocolate cakes in my friend Sibel’s kitchen on the day she invited us for an afternoon tea. The first things that took my attention were the bakery style looking mini chocolate cakes sitting on the counter. Don’t they look like the smaller version of Annie’s wonderful cake? Minus the strawberries on the top. She and her mom are really so good at baking and they prepared so many scrumptious treats both savory and sweet on that day and I just dug in them all.
I just couldn’t hide my feelings when I had the first bite. With moist cake layers, it was heavenly! So yummy and adorably mini! I love how these are in individual portions, so you feel like you have the whole chocolate cake on your plate.
When I asked for the recipe, they both said it’s the easiest layer cake ever. Just make your favorite brownie batter and bake it in a large baking tray so that the layers of your cake won’t be too thick. Prepare the creamy filling made with milk, flour and starch in a pot. Cut the cake with a cookie cutter and put filling between two layers. It will be like a sandwich. Top with melted chocolate, chill and sprinkle grated coconut on each. Thank you Sibel and your super talented mom for the recipe!
I slightly changed the recipe for these mini chocolate cakes to make it even easier. Yes, I guess mine is the easiest ever! Instead of making a pudding like filling between the cake layers, I just used whipped cream. Also for the topping, I used frozen cranberries instead of grated coconut. Either way, I think these mini chocolate cakes will immediately become your favorite! You can enjoy your chocolate cake with two dollops of Homemade Turkish Ice Cream.Print
The Easiest Mini Chocolate Cakes
The easiest chocolate cake filled with whipped cream and topped with a great ganache.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 and ½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 and ½ cups whipped cream
- 250g chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C and line a 9X9 inches baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Pour olive oil and milk and mix.
- Sift cocoa powder into the bowl and mix with a spatula.
- Combine flour and vanilla powder in a separate bowl and sift them into the bowl. Mix with a spatula just until there are no pockets of flour.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile bring the cream to a simmer in a small pot and pour it over chocolate chips in a bowl. Wait for a few minutes and whisk together until chocolate melths and you have a smooth chocolate sauce. Let it cool at room temperature.
- Take the cake out of oven and let it cool.
- Cut out circles using a cookie cutter. You decide on the size of the cookie cutter.
- Dollop some whipped cream on a chocolate cake circle and place another cake circle carefully on the cream and gently press over. Repeat the same thing until you finish the cake circles.
- Top with a good amount of chocolate sauce. Chill for 30 minutes and then top each with some cranberries.
- Keep the cakes in the fridge.
Keywords: mini chocolate cakes