Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Wonderfully chocolaty and chewy oatmeal cookies.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 4 dozens 1x
- 1 cup unsalted butter (225g), softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- In a large bowl, mix softened butter and sugar with a spatula until creamy.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl and pour it in the butter sugar mixture. Add in vanilla extract and mix it well with a spatula.
- Whisk together flour, soda, salt and cocoa powder. Add the dry mixture to the wet. Combine well.
- Fold in oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and roll into a ball on the baking sheet. Place 16 or 25 balls on a baking sheet. Bake in batches. Bake each batch for 11 minutes.
- Don’t overbake these!
- Remove from oven and let them stay on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Meanwhile top each cookie with a few chocolate chips when they are still warm.
- Then take them on a wirerack and let them completely cool down.
- Keep these in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
These make around 4 dozens, so you can just bake half of the batter and keep the other half in the refrigerator for a later baking.