Ready for the best cookie recipe I have ever made? Wonderfully chocolaty and chewy, these Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies will become your ultimate cookie recipe too!
Although I don’t eat numerous cookies at a time, I love cookies for sure. Eating just one or two shouldn’t mean that I don’t like them unlike what my friends sometimes think. Well, I must accepth though I like making cookies more than eating. It’s like you create life changer things in the kitchen within minutes. Isn’t it just great that most cookie recipes don’t require more than 12-minute-baking? And these double chocolate oatmeal cookies are no exception. They need to be baked 10 minutes only.
I’ve shared my Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies on the blog before. They are my students’ all time favorite cookies and I wanted to take the recipe to next level by adding some cocoa powder and chocolate chips. One thing I love about these cookies is that they are perfect crowd pleasers, so perfect match for any crowded occasions. With these measurements, the cookie batter makes more than 7 dozens. You can just bake half of the batter and keep the other half in the refrigerator for a later baking. Sharing these beauties with as many people as you like is such a great feeling because it’s a good way to increase the number of smiling people around you. See how simple it is to make people happy? Why don’t you make these double chocolate oatmeal cookies today and share it with people you love?
You will be amazed when you see how a little cocoa powder can turn classic oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to heavenly goodness that no one can resist. Haven’t you tried any kind of oatmeal cookies? Yet? You’re missing a lot. I’m telling you. These oatmeal double chocolate chip cookies are game changer!
If you want to start with the best oatmeal cookies, give these double chocolate oatmeal cookies a try. You will be super amazed when you taste one. Be ready for all the compliments when you share them with others.
I took these to my workplace and shared with some wonderful colleagues. It was a big pleasure for me to see that they LOVED these. They made me feel like a professional cookie baker (I’m not!). And I loved when they all tried to guess the ingredients I used in the recipe. They were almost sure that I used shredded coconut and you know I didn’t. It was nothing else than oatmeal. Hearing this, they wanted to eat more!Print
Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Wonderfully chocolaty and chewy oatmeal cookies.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 4 dozens 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup unsalted butter (225g), softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 and ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- In a large bowl, mix softened butter and sugar with a spatula until creamy.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl and pour it in the butter sugar mixture. Add in vanilla extract and mix it well with a spatula.
- Whisk together flour, soda, salt and cocoa powder. Add the dry mixture to the wet. Combine well.
- Fold in oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and roll into a ball on the baking sheet. Place 16 or 25 balls on a baking sheet. Bake in batches. Bake each batch for 11 minutes.
- Don’t overbake these!
- Remove from oven and let them stay on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Meanwhile top each cookie with a few chocolate chips when they are still warm.
- Then take them on a wirerack and let them completely cool down.
- Keep these in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
These make around 4 dozens, so you can just bake half of the batter and keep the other half in the refrigerator for a later baking.
Keywords: chocolate oatmeal cookies