Double Chocolate French Toast is definitely a dessert type breakfast, so you may not have it in the morning. If you love chocolaty stuff at breakfast, I’m a hundred sure that you will love this french toast recipe. If you find it too much for breakfast, this can be a wonderful chocolate dessert at any time of day to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Starting the day with Double Chocolate French Toast would give the energy you need during the rest of the day. This would definitely please everyone in your family. It’s never that hard to wake them up in the morning if you have this heavenly chocolate ganache stuffed and covered french toasts on the table. The best thing you can do for these toasts is to top them with a big dollop of vanilla ice cream if it’s summer time. Ice cream in the morning? I can hear you asking this. No, I’m not crazy. If it is boiling outside even in the very early in the morning, you NEED that ice cream!
This Double Chocolate French Toast is inspired by Double Chocolate Pancakes I made some time ago. These are equally amazing! And the best thing I love about them is that they can be served as dessert too. Make these when you don’t feel like baking and see how your guests are pleased.
Your day will be brightened when you make double chocolate french toast, which looks and tastes very similar to chocolate cake. Much easier than a regular cake. Making the french toast is not very different from any other french toast recipe. I just add some sugar and cinnamon in the egg mixture. Soak the bread slices into that mixture, fry. Slather some ganache on the fried french toast and sandwich them together. Put the sandwiches on one another and cover with extra ganache. Then place the vanilla ice cream on the top. That’s it! Your perfect dessert or breakfast is ready!
Double Chocolate French Toast
A perfect desert type breakfast to brighten your morning!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 8 slices toast bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter to fry
- 80ml heavy cream
- 80g chocolate
- Vanilla ice cream
- Prepare the chocolate ganache first so that it cools down until you finish with the french toasts. Heat heavy cream in a saucepan. Remove from heat once it simmers. You can see the video above to get an idea how to make the ganache.
- Pour over chocolate chips and let it sit for 5 minutes without stirring. Then whisk them well until it turns into a smooth and silky ganache. Wait until it reaches room temperature before using.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon in a large casserole pan.
- Soak the bread slices into the egg mixture so that it is well coated with the mixture on both sides.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with half of the butter. When it is hot enough, fry the french toasts in batches until golden on both sides, 3 minutes per side. Transfer them on a paper towel. Put the rest of the butter in the skillet right before placing the second batch of french toast.
- Grab a fried french toast and spread a generous amount of chocolate ganache on it using a spoon. Put another french toast on it to make a sandwich. Repeat this for the rest to make four sandwiches. Don’t use all of the ganache, leave some to cover all of them.
- Stack the french toast sandwiches just like pancakes and pour over chocolate ganache as much as you desire.
- Place a big dollop of vanilla ice cream and serve immediately.
- You can put some berries on the side if you like.