Double Chocolate Cupcakes are the fancy cupcakes that you can surprise your family or guests at any holiday. Those super cute and colorful sprinkles make them look beautiful, but there is more than this about these cupcakes. Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate would probably be the best description. The cake is wonderfully moist and fluffy and topped with a perfect chocolate buttercream frosting. This recipe is absolutely the game changer and will become your ultimate chocolate cupcake recipe.
Among all cupcake flavors, the most favorite one is chocolate I guess. Is it your favorite too? Then get ready to feel in heaven with these double chocolate cupcakes!
The problem in most cupcakes is that the cake part of them is too dry or crumbly and even the frosting can’t do anything to help you ignore that. The moistness is really important in cupcakes since they are like the mini versions of birthday cakes. The cake in this recipe is perfectly moist and melting in your mouth. When topped with an amazing chocolate frosting, these become the perfect birthday cupcakes.
Cupcake decorating is the fun part of making cupcakes, and how to do it is totally up to your taste. If you’re in the holiday season though, decorate them according to the holiday theme and they will become the star. Make these for the coming Christmas and involve everyone to the joy of chocolate with your chocolate Christmas cupcakes!
How do you like your double chocolate cupcakes? Are you one of those who first gobble the frosting and then eat the cake? Do you like the cake first and then the frosting? Do you like giving it an easy sandwich form and enjoy them together?
Maybe you don’t think much on this and just dig right into your cupcake aka the queen of all desserts! Don’t worry about the mess, just enjoy that heavenly moment!
See our other chocolate recipe videos here:
Double Chocolate Cupcakes
Moist and fluffy chocolate cupcakes with a wonderful chocolate buttercream.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 oz. bittersweet dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
- 4 oz. Semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
- Melt butter in a pan and remove from the stove. Toss in chocolate pieces and continually whisk until smooth. Let it cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and flour.
- In a medium bowl, stir egg, milk and Greek yogurt together. Pour it into the dry ingredients. Add in the melted chocolate and stir until combined.
- Share the batter into 12 muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Let them cool.
- For the frosting; melt chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Put it aside and let it cool.
- Beat butter using an electric mixer or just a simple whisk or spatula. Add in the powdered sugar and mix until combined well. Add the melted chocolate and whisk until fluffy. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Frost your cupcakes generously with the chocolate buttercream and decorate with sprinkles.