Curried Chickpea Salad is loaded with fresh crunchy veggies and flavored with a super refreshing curried mint yogurt dressing. You can serve it on its own for lunch or use it as a sandwich filling.
You might have realized that it’s been a while since we shared our latest post, Chicken Cabbage Salad with Basil and Kumquats, which has become our favorite lunch this summer. Because we were off for an amazing beach camping, we didn’t have a good internet connection. Although it was our first experience with our 4-year-old boy, we had a lot of fun and we’re all feeling renewed now! I just can’t wait to continue sharing recipes with you! So let me give a start with this amazing Curried Chickpea Salad. It’s so good that I don’t remember how many times I’ve made it in the last few weeks.
It’s no surprise that nobody in the family is craving for heavy meals in this boiling weather, so I’ve been trying to make them both pleased and feel full. Thankfully, it is not that hard for me with my new, light yet filling and flavorful recipes since the beginning of the summer.
This Curried Chickpea Salad is a wonderful summertime salad because it is packed with summer veggies and nicely flavored with lemon, curry, yogurt and mint. What makes this salad that addictive is the super mouthwatering yogurt dressing I use in the recipe. Fresh mint, lemon juice, olive oil, curry, garlic and yogurt are perfectly combined in this dressing and I think I will be using it with many other salads too.
Why I Love This Salad
- It’s super easy and quick. None of us want to boil chickpeas in the kitchen these days, right? Use canned chickpeas to make the recipe faster.
- You can make it ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator up to three days, so it’s great to have it on hand as a snack too.
- You can serve it on its own for lunch or use it as a sandwich filling and take it with you for a picnic.
- This can easily become everyone’s favorite at a potluck party. Serving it in lettuce cups would be a great idea.
Curried Chickpea Salad
Curried Chickpea Salad is loaded with fresh crunchy veggies and flavored with a super refreshing curried mint yogurt dressing.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: salad
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- A handful of parsley leaves
- 2 cans (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- A handful of cherries for garnish
For the Dressing:
In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients until combined.
For the Salad:
In a large bowl, add everything except cherries and combine them well. Garnish with cherries and pour the dressing over the mixture.
Serve it as it is or on lettuce leaves.
Keywords: curried chickpea salad