Creamy Mushroom Pasta
Fast and easy pasta with a creamy mushroom sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 20 small mushrooms, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz pasta
- ½ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil on high heat and sautee chopped onion and garlic over medium high heat.
- Add in sliced mushrooms when the onion is golden, stir.
- Sprinkle salt and cook it over medium high heat until almost all the juice is gone. Leave about 2 tablespoons of juice in the skillet.
- Pour heavy cream, stir well and cook for about 5 minutes over low heat. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Drain.
- Put the skillet back on the stove over medium high heat.
- Transfer pasta into the skillet with the creamy mushroom sauce.
- Add crumbled goat cheese and milk. Mix well and cook about 5-10 minutes over low heat until the sauce coats all the pasta.
- Sprinkle black pepper and mix.
- Toss in parsley and serve warm.
Keywords: mushroom pasta, creamy mushroom pasta