Cranberry Bundt Cake is such an easy cake that everyone can make. This is my basic bundt cake recipe that you can use with any extra ingredient. I used frozen cranberries, but you can use any berry you like. If you want a nutty cake, then just use crumbled walnuts or hazelnuts instead. Use these ingredients to make your dream cake using whatever additional ingredient you want. Simple yet fabulous!
Easy Cranberry Bundt Cake is very moist inside and has a crusty outer layer. The sweetness is just in its perfect level and the tartness of cranberries makes a perfect complement. I mostly prefer dusting bundt cakes with powdered sugar. I think they look more beautiful and more appropriate for Winter. It gives a snow effect to cakes and I find it really legendary. But if you like your cake with icing, you can check out our Lime Bundt Cake with lime glaze and use the same gle on this one. This makes a wonderful dessert to end a meal on special occasions. Perfect to serve with your afternoon tea too.
I made this Cranberry Bundt Cake with my 20-month-old boy at the weekend. He loves to make something together in the kitchen and he suggested making a cake this time. His favorite breakfast is either a cheesy scrambled eggs or a piece of cake with milk or his special ‘tea’, which is a mixture of a little grape molasses and warm water. He mostly prefers this cake plain, but I want him to eat fruit as well, so I sometimes use raisins, dried apricot or berries in the cake.
To make this Cranberry Bundt Cake light and fluffy, the eggs and yogurt you will use should be at room temperature. If you for get to wait the eggs and yogurt out of fridge, just wait them in how water for about 10 minutes. Also, you should sift the flour right before adding it into the batter to release the air in it. We need this to make our cake airy. One thing most people worry about is preventing the fruit pieces from sinking to the bottom of the cake pan. It’s very easy and simple indeed. Just put the fruit in a bowl, sprinkle flour over them and shake the bowl so that they are all coated with flour.
You need very simple ingredients that I’m sure you always have in your pantry. So run to the kitchen and make a Cranberry Bundt Cake to serve as breakfast during the week. Yes, you can keep this cake in an airtight container up to a week and it makes a great quick breakfast for everyone.
More Bundt CakesPrint
Cranberry Bundt Cake
Sweet and tart cranberry bundt cake. This is a moist cake with a crusty outer layer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 and ¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 tablespoon flour to coat the berries
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Coat a bundt pan with cooking spray or butter the pan. Dust with about 1 tablespoon flour.
- Beat eggs and sugar until creamy. Add in olive oil and yogurt and mix well.
- In another bowl mix flour and baking powder and sift into the batter. Mix with a spatula. Don’t overmix.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon flour over cranberries and shake the bowl so that all the berries are coated with flour.
- Toss them in the batter and stir a few times.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Invert the pan over a wire rack and dust powdered sugar over it when it completely cools down.
Keywords: cranberry bundt cake, cranberry bundt cake recipe