Cowpea Beans With Tomatoes
Fresh cowpea beans braised with tomatoes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Turkish
- 1 lbs cowpea beans
- 4 medium sized tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash the cowpea beans. Chop them as small as a half finger. If there are any tough ones, use just their seeds.
- Saute the onion in a pot. Add the cowpea beans and stir. Cook it until the beans change their color, about 5 minutes.
- Then add tomatoes and salt. Stir it once and cover it. Cook it on medium heat for about 30 minutes until the beans get soft enough.
- Serve it either warm as the main dish or cold.
Keywords: cowpea beans with tomatoes