Chocolate Truffles always rock when you have guests to celebrate something. They make perfect edible gifts as well. They are one of the best homemade treats to please both adults and kids.
Chocolate truffles look so elegant with their coating, and your guests might think that you buy them from a patisserie shop, so you should proudly say that they are your own products.
The best part of attractive chocolate truffles is that it’s very easy to make these. You just need to have enough time because the ganache should be refrigerated at least for 4 hours.
Two basic ingredients for chocolate truffles are chocolate and heavy cream. You can use chocolate of your choice, either bittersweet or milk chocolate. You can even use a mixture of these two. The only thing you need to do is to mix heavy cream with melted chocolate and wait it in refrigerator so that you have a stiff mixture. Heavy cream gives the softness you need to this mixture and helps you form truffles.
You can add any ingredient into this mixture to have your personal touch. To make soft chocolate truffles, you can add crumbled chocolate cake into it.
You have limitless choices of ingredients to add in the ganache. Nuts, dried fruit, spices are just some of them. This time I wanted to give my chocolate truffles a fruity flavor with orange zest. And you will have a nice feeling through your throat with the alluring flavor of a little cognac in them. These chocolate truffles make a captivating combination of flavors of chocolate, orange zest and cognac! And you can spoil your taste buds if you have them with a well-made Turkish coffee.
As always: If you make this recipe, let us know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And post a pic on Instagram too—tag @give_recipe so we can see!
Cognac Chocolate Truffles
Chocolate truffles flavored with cognac and orange zest.
- Prep Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 160g bittersweet chocolate
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- 1 tbsp cognac
- 1 and ½ tablespoon grated orange zest
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder for coating
- Chop chocolate into pieces.
- Bring cream to simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Set it aside when it boils.
- Add in chocolate pieces when the cream is still hot, let them melt and mix well until smooth.
- Add in cognac and orange zest into the mixture and stir well.
- Cover and chill it in refrigerator for 4 hours until it gets stiff.
- Scoop up chocolate mixture with a teaspoon and make small balls.
- Put cocoa powder into a bowl and drop truffles into it.
- Coat truffles completely with cocoa powder by shaking and swirling the bowl.
- Chill them for half an hour and serve.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 7.9 g
- Sodium: 2.6 mg
- Fat: 6.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 8 mg
Keywords: vegan truffles, vegan chocolate truffles